Monday, November 05, 2007

I want my Late Night TV

If any of you read my google reader share list you will see that I share a bunch of Entertainment industry news and have shared a number of interesting articles about the WGA writers strike.

I am not going to weigh in on my opinion of the strike since....well....I have no inside info or even a different spin then you are getting from folks more connected then me.

One thing I did read this morning that I did find newsworthy and shareworthy was the report that Jon Stewart is paying his writers for two weeks out of his own pocket. Just so we are clear...he is not paying them to write his show but rather paying them to strike and do what they need to do while they are out of work.

This is a classy move and one that owners and managers of other companies can learn from. Paying your staff to strike against you is obviously not a smart idea but this is a different sort of situation so treating your staff with respect and consideration while they work out things will certainly make the return to work much easier and with less hard feelings.

More stuff later

saul

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark