Monday, August 16, 2010

When Brands start doing this I hope people remember who did it first.


*Please Note* I have launched a new home for my blog at http://saul.is/ I will keep cross posting here for a little while but please update your bookmarks or click on the link an subscribe to the new rss feed.

So I hope you have noticed the new look here at Saul.is (and I will write about that in the next blog post) but there is something pretty special that you may have not noticed yet…and I expect to be copied.

The thing that is so special, imho, is the url. Ya see I went with a “.is” extention (from Iceland if you are keeping score) so I could create blog posts like this one with the url www.saul.is/a-genius or even better full pages of this site that are as clear as day to what they are like www.saul.is/speaking (for my speaking career) or www.saul.is/consulting (for my side projects) and I have plans to add hundreds of pages of things that will entertain and amaze.

Pretty clever huh? Now imagine what a big brand could do with this? www.wwe.is/protecting-the-environment or www.bmw.is/the-ultimate-driving-machine or even www.coke.is/it The possibilites are endless and with the number of .com’s getting almost impossible to find I would not be surprised if this becomes more popular…so please just remember where you saw it first!

1 comment:

Pablo Edwards said...

Great little technique. I love it!

Apture

 
Powered by Olark