Friday, August 17, 2007

Something cool I am doing for my kids.....

I don't talk too much about my kids here on the ole' blog but as some of you may know, I have two boys who I love very much.

Their names are Crackers (4)and Joe (3), these are not their real names but that is really what I call them on a regular basis. So I got it in my head that I would grab Gmail accounts for them now so when they were older they could have a normal email address (firstnamelastname@gmail.com) and not something silly with fifteen numbers after their name.

After securing the addresses I had no idea if Gmail accounts expire so I set up a reminder to send an email once a month to the accounts to keep them active.

Well today I am minding my own business waiting in line to pick up my lunch and I was hit with a super incredible idea.

Instead of sending little "nothing" emails to keep the accounts active I am going to send my kids a actual emails............about themselves. It will probably be once a week thing letting them know what is going on with them as kids and by the time they are teens they will have this enormous history of themselves complete with pictures and stories.

I am sure I am not the only one who has thought of this but I think it is a cool idea and I am going to get started with my first letter right................now.

1 comment:

Scott Monty said...

I've been doing this for my two boys (4 and 1 1/2) since they were born. I also keep two leather-bound journals with longer, more sentimental thoughts, which they'll receive when they turn 21.

Apture

 
Powered by Olark