Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Guest Post - 5 Ideas for Saul's New Book

As it is Lindy Dreyer Week here at www.saulcolt.com, I (Lindy Dreyer) happily accepted Saul's invitation to guest post while he is traveling. I hope I can fill his crazy shoes for you.

I have to say, I'm very excited about Saul's book concept. During our conversation last week, he mentioned that all the good books have been written. Clearly not the case. And he told me that the publishers were not interested in anything that went beyond a very rudimentary, basic level for WOM. The publishers may not know what the market wants...I say, we're ready for something more advanced.

So, maybe in those two, simple sentences I was able to snap Saul out of whatever was holding him back. And if there's something holding you back, well, snap out of it! (Was that inspiring?)

Here are the 5 things that I'd like to see in Saul's book, possibly the next great WOM book.

1. Hard-hitting, practical advice at an advanced level
2. Examples from non-profits and associations, as well as small businesses and Fortune 500 companies
3. A sincere, detailed and balanced view of different types of WOM, and why some types are better than others
4. A discussion of measurement, including current techniques and bigger concepts--I know. Saul is cringing.
5. Something innovative that makes the book WOM-worthy


What would you want to see in the next great WOM book? What am I missing?

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark