Sunday, January 03, 2010

In 2010 I hope you all become a F.O.S!

I had an interesting chat with Krista Neher the other day about some ideas I am playing around with around SXSWi and ways to build the brand and make a huge splash for Thoora.com (for those not paying attention, Thoora is what I am up to now and it is awesome so please check it out) and Krista asked me an great question.


"Are you looking for the attention to go to Thoora.com or to yourself?"

Krista is crazy smart, knows me well and is no nonsense so coming from her this is a perfectly reasonable question. My answer (obviously) was I want the attention to go to Thoora and I want it to live up to it's potential but at the same time I want people to know I helped get to where it is because I have an ego, I want to be the guy known for building brands and communities and also know from experience that girls are attracted to success.

So in an effort to build my own brand a little and get one step closer to fulfilling the dream I spelled out for Jewish Santa I have decided that all year (2010) I will be offering a cool item to people who self identify themselves as a "F.O.S." (Friend of Saul).

For the first part of the year any time I travel (starting with this week to San Francisco) I will have with me two "F.O.S." iPhone cases and to get one all you need to do is be one of the first two people who ask!

Pretty sweet deal huh?

I chose iPhone cases because they were not only cool but it was the one item I could think of that I could put my face on that P.Diddy has ever graced (we are now competing)

These are top notch cases and will protect your phones with the same style and class that I live my life but in the future I see these cases getting you the best tables at restaurants and invites to fly in private jets...but that will still take a little time.

So if you see me at a conference etc make sure you say hi and let me know if you are a Friend of Saul!

3 comments:

Rohan Jayasekera said...

I'm happy to hear that I have all year to become a F.O.S., because I don't have an iPhone (I have a Palm Pre) and will need to await a future cool item!

saulcolt said...

Hey Rohan,

There will be more things and different things every few months :)

-saul

KristaNeher said...

Saul

First, your post made me laugh. Thanks for saying nice things about me (I was concerned about which of our many conversations you may have been referencing).

I *LOVE* the cases - totally hysterical. Can I officially be on the list for when you come to Cincinnati....wait.... that is never.... Maybe SXSW?

It was awesome catching up with you and always inspiring!

- Krista

Apture

 
Powered by Olark