Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It must suck to think you are going to have sex with a 14 year old and all you get is to share a pop with Chris Hanson.....

NBC's "To Catch a Predator" show is one of the funniest shows on TV. I know it isn't supposed to be funny and I in no way think trolling for kids on the interweb is acceptable but hearing the dudes who get caught try to talk their way out of an arrest by saying "I was just coming over to help her with her homework", "Cunnilingus? I said I was a cunning linguist" or my favorite "I never said sex...I just wanted to sleep with her as in really go to sleep....is that so wrong"

All fun aside, I have to assume that getting caught on this show could really seriously screw up your life (unless you are an actor and then it is just a prime time TV credit) but these guys seem to just take it in stride...except Louis "Bill" Conradt. Ya see "Bill" , a Texas prosecutor, decided that it was better to shoot himself in the head then face the humiliation of trading some snappy dialogue with Chris Hanson.

Now before you get all down on this story you will be pleased to know that the sister of the late attorney is now suing NBC for 100 million because she claims they are responsible for his death.

I really hope this gets thrown out of court because while I agree the show is ridiculous and what should have been a one or two time event has turned into a regular weekly feature on the peacock network BUT they by no means force anyone to look for underage sex online. It is horrible that this guy killed himself and I feel bad for the family but for the sister to try to profit off of the fact that Big Bill loved the little boys is just wrong.

-saul

p.s. This is by far my most preachy posting ever. Not sure what the motivation was because I actually had a bunch of jokes in my head for this one but they just didn't seem to fit once I started writing it.

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark