Thursday, July 05, 2007

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical

If you recognize the quote in the title you will know I am quoting the genius of They Might Be Giants.....OK OK so they are quoting Allen Ginsberg but I am making a TMBG reference for this post.

Riding on the subway home today I pointed my iPod to the They Might Be Giants podcast. I think TMBG put out the best "band generated" podcast on the interweb (but I have heard rumblings of an Elvis Costello 'cast that rocks but that will be a discussion for another time).

TMBG podcast #27 (the most recent one) is a collection of "JOHN HENRY" demos and I was blown away by it. John Henry is my favorite TMBG album and the stripped down versions are worth paying for :) If you are a fan of the band you should really check out their podcast and if you are the impatient type you can fast forward to the 19 minute mark of podcast #27 to hear a demo version of "Self Called No Where" that will give you goosebumps.

Go check it out

saul

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark