Thursday, June 07, 2007

Willaim Gaines Bio Pict being made!

Whenever anyone asks me who are the people who have influenced me into the person I am today I always say the same two people.




My Dad




and






William Gaines....and surprisingly they look similar :)

Because of my love of William Gaines I was thrilled to read that The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that a movie on the life of Bill Gaines is in production. The article hints that is may be more focused on the earlier days of his career publishing Horror books like Tales from the Crypt but I hope they spend some real time on the days running Mad Magazine. I have read "The Mad World of William Gaines" a bunch of times and never get tired of the stories in the book


like the times he took the entire office on "MAD TRIPS" to far away lands like China, Africa or Russia so he could try a restaurant he read about and didn't feel like going to another country alone.

William Gaines is one of my absolute heroes and I will be first in line to see this film!

saul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope this doesn't become one of those "greatest movies never made." If it wasn't for Bill Gaines when I was growing up in the late 50s-early 60s, I might be watching TV and believing what they say in commercials right now.

saulcolt said...

I want this to be good...so badly!

Apture

 
Powered by Olark