Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New stuff from TMBG and Joe Strummer

Mornin'

Couple unrelated things for you this morning....well not really unrealted because they all revolve around STUFF I LIKE and since this is my blog I figured I would share this with you.

TMBG (They Might Be Giants), one of my favorite bands of all time have a new album out and for now it is exclusively available on iTunes. If you are a fan you should check it out....also I read that it will be available in a few months as an actual CD with a limited edition bonus second CD with other material not available on Itunes.

Speaking of music (great segue) I read last night that there is a new book on the shelves about Joe Strummer called Redemption Song : The Ballad of Joe Strummer by Chris Salewicz and it is a 600+ no holds bar look at one of the greatest rock and rollers of all time. Speaking of Joe, if you are only familiar with his stuff from the Clash you should really check out some of his later music from the band Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros.......The album Streetcore is as good as anything the Clash ever put out and this is coming from guy who loves the Clash!

Finally, there is also a Joe Strummer Documentary coming this summer that I am looking forward to but I can't remember the name of it right now.

saul

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark