Friday, April 27, 2007

Howard Stern was right!

My Mom recently got a new car and with the car came three months of free satellite radio. I borrowed said vehicle yesterday to check out XM radio (having only been exposed to Sirius) and while I think both services are good (my tastes lean toward Sirius for the NBA and for Stern....but XM does have baseball and there is nothing better then baseball on the radio) I couldn't help thinking about something Howard Stern talked about before his switch.

When asked if he would swear all he wanted on Satellite Radio he said (and I am paraphrasing here) that he would swear if he felt it was appropriate and not do it at every opportunity because it would make the words less powerful.

Sure he swears a lot on the show, as do the surrounding cast of characters but by no means as much as his counterparts on XM and I realize this is just a personal choice thing but I was listening to the "Virus" on XM and every second word was "f" this or "f" that.

Just to be clear, I wasn't offended because I love "blue" humor and I am no shrinking violet but it really blocked me from enjoying the show. The swearing diluted the comedy and made me have to work harder to remember what they were even talking about.

*I just took a break from writing this to take a phone call and I sort of forgot the point I was trying to make (I am easily distracted by shiny objects) so I admit there is no real ending to this post :)

-saul

No comments:

Apture

 
Powered by Olark